Hi-Spirits, announces the return of the Classic Cocktail Competition, with a twist. Calling on UK bartenders to submit their twists of classic cocktails found in the ‘Anthology of 12 Classic Cocktails’ book, authored by Jake Burger.
The four regional winners will enjoy an all-expenses paid trip to Milan, the home of the Fernet-Branca distillery and Branca Brands, as well as their winning cocktails served at the 2022 Fernet-Branca BarBack Games taking place in London later this year.
The competition enables bartenders to use any of the 10 products from the Fratelli Branca portfolio in their drink creation, which include; Antica Formula, Punt e Mes, Carpano Vermouths and Carpano Bitter, Caffe Borghetti coffee liqueur, Fernet-Branca and BrancaMenta. At the regional finals, competitors will make their twist on a classic then be challenged to make a cocktail on the spot, chosen by the judges from the ‘Anthology of 12 Classic Cocktails’. Judges will be marking on taste, technical ability, presentation, back-story and knowledge of both the brand and cocktail. All finalists will receive a print copy of the book.
Poppy Croft, Hi-Spirits On-Trade National Account Manager says “We are delighted to host the Classic Cocktail Competition 2022 in its full glory, last year our judges visited each bar individually due to restrictions, this year there’s no limits. We’re giving bartenders a window to showcase their knowledge and talents in cocktail creation, adding their own personal twist to one of 12 cocktails that feature in the Anthology of 12 Classic Cocktails, using our portfolio that offers a full classic cocktail solution for bars. We can’t wait to see the entries come through and look forward to spending time with everyone during the regional heats in September.”
Competitors can enter their first recipe online at https://www.hispirits.com/classiccocktailcompetition/ from the 1 to 21 August, successful entries will go through to one of four regional finals in September, in the following cities: London, West – Hosted in Cardiff, Midlands - Hosted in Leicester, North - Hosted in Leeds. Travel for those surrounding the city heats will be paid for.
Additional T’s & C’s:
- Applicants can read a digital copy of ‘An Anthology of 12 Classic Cocktails’ here: https://www.hi-spirits.com/classiccocktailanthology-2/
- Entrants can upload their cocktail recipe here: www.hispirits.com/classiccocktailcompeition
- All entries must include a minimum of 20ml of any product from the Fratelli Branca portfolio.
- All entries must be made with ingredients that can be purchased online or in-store.
- At the regional finals, each competitor will make their classic cocktail twist, and another randomly selected cocktail from the book. For their second classic they must use traditional ingredients for their cocktail, they will be judged on the balance of their recipe, choice of garnish and skill
- Regional finalists are required to list their twisted classic cocktail on their menu, in venue, for a minimum of 4 weeks