The French Connection may be one of the easiest cocktails ever invented but it is also the most stylish slow-sipper. Mixed from just equal parts of Cognac and Amaretto, an authentic French Connection requires top-notch ingredients to express its best.
The most aromatic of Cognacs has teamed up with the finest Amaretto to create an exclusive kit for mixing up to 14 perfect French Connection cocktails at home. All the ingredients and equipment – CAMUS Cognac, ADRIATICO Amaretto, tumbler and cocktail spoon – are inside the 100% recycled cardboard box. All that’s missing is the ice.
These limited edition kits are available exclusively from www.camus.fr from March 1st, 2021 at RRSP €69
A twist on perfection
For this French Connection recipe, CAMUS has chosen an Ile de Ré Fine Island Cognac. Distilled from grapes grown on Ré island, this bold Cognac is naturally iodine-rich, with a lively dry, subtly oaked palate. It is an ideal match for ADRIATICO Amaretto, crafted from handpicked, carefully roasted and distilled Italian almonds, whose secret ingredient is a pinch of sea salt added to the recipe.
This CAMUS Cognac’s fresh, marine notes and oaky mouthfeel harmoniously combine with the bittersweet, salty flavours of ADRIATICO Amaretto in an exhilarating and fresh, perfectly balanced cocktail.
1. Pour 5cl CAMUS Ile de Ré Fine Island Cognac and 5cl ADRIATICO Amaretto in the tumbler.
2. Fill tumbler with ice cubes and stir with the cocktail spoon for about 30-60 seconds, to the desired dilution.
3. Garnish with orange zest for a citrus tang (optional). Serve and enjoy!
The French Connection - did you know?
- Legend has it that the 1971 movie starring Gene Hackman, The French Connection, inspired this cocktail’s invention
- The French Connection features on the International Bartender Association’s Official Cocktail List
- A very aromatic Cognac and a dry Amaretto guarantee the best balance of sweet /roasted notes in the perfect French Connection.